Did you know that today is “World Cancer Day“? WTF is it, you ask? Well, so did I. Turns out, it’s a really great initiative.
According to it’s website,
World Cancer Day is a chance to raise our collective voices in the name of improving general knowledge around cancer and dismissing misconceptions about the disease.
As you all know by now, I’m all love-love-love education because it is an opportunity to learn and grow, which are two humongous Silver Linings. This year’s World Cancer Day goals are to dispel myths and misconceptions about cancer. This is such a Silver Lining because myths and misconceptions can be downright dangerous!
In honor of this day, Everyday Health has asked me to lead a Twitter chat at 9 am PST/12 EST. We will be discussing:
- The first things to do after a cancer diagnosis.
- Questions to ask your doctor after a cancer diagnosis.
- The best ways to go about choosing treatment.
- Tips to prepare for surgery.
- Alternative treatments.
- How to talk with loved ones and children about cancer.
- Resources to learn about cancer care and prevention.
Please join in the sharing of ideas by entering the following hashtags on twitter.com.
It’s actually easy peasy to participate. Hope to “see” you all there!