After our purchase of Asparagus at the Magical Market yesterday, I must share with you my recipe for baking it.
It’s easy-breezy and completely delish. Our 4 3/4 daughter loooooooves it. Inhales it.
Serves 3 people (though I’ve been known to eat the entire batch…on my own…right after it comes out of the oven!)
- 3 beautiful bunches of skinny asparagus
- 3-4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I prefer Lucini)
- Kosher Sea Salt
- Cracked Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean asparagus.
- Cut off stems.
- Spread flatly on a safe, non-toxic baking sheet.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the asparagus. The asparagus should be glistening, but not swimming in olive oil
- Season with kosher sea salt and cracked ground pepper. (I happen to like a lot of pepper!)
- Mix it all together and then flatten the asparagus again on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, depending on oven, altitude, humidity and anything else one considers while baking. I keep my eye on it and pull it out when it is nice and crispy.
People love it. Why? Well it’s completely delish, first and foremost. Also because it is crispy and easy to pick up with your hands for nibbling. The key is that it is crispy. I’m not a fan of mushy asparagus.
Plus, there are a gazillion health benefits to eating asparagus (Silver Lining). It is one of the most nutritionally well-balanced vegetables — high in folic acid and a good source of potassium, fiber, thiamin, and vitamins A, B6, and C. A 5-ounce serving provides 60% of the RDA for folic acid and is low in calories (webmd.com).
Hope you enjoy it!