A dear friend of mine, Kendall Conrad, shared the most magnificent recipe for Cashew Bread from her amazing cookbook “Eat Well Feel Well”.
Thank you, Kendall, for all you do to make the world a better place!
She told me that she likes to make 3 loaves of this delicious bread at once because her family goes through it so fast. This bread makes great toast or sandwich bread. She puts the two extra loaves in the freezer.
I DIDN’T….because it is waaaaaaay too delicious!
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 6 cups of unsalted raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of homemade yogurt
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Line 3 8 X 4 loaf pans with parchment paper and put on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the cashews until smooth as possible. Add in vinegar while processing, then yogurt, apple juice, egg yolks and baking soda. Blend well.
- Gently, fold half of the egg whites into the cashew to lighten the batter.
- Then fold in the rest of the egg whites until combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pans and set in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
Kendall shared this recipe with me because she knows how much I love her delicious food, but I must tell you that she is an incredible designer as well.
Kendall is as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside.
Her friendship is a big SL during this FBC experience!