Citrus And Watercress Salad
We are truly blessed to live in California…for a number of reasons. For those who are living in the vortex this winter, I won’t torture you for telling you all of the reasons. I will, however, say that we have citrus and avocados all year long. Sorry. Truly. After all, I grew up in the Midwest…and I know.
So, many of you will be able to enjoy this yumma-licious salad now, but many others of you will be able to enjoy it next summer, which I hope that you will indeed do! In fact, when we started making it, Chef Maili wondered aloud, “Hmmm….how many readers will actually be able to make this now?!?” Well, we hope that many of you will indeed be able to make this because it is not only super yummy and incredibly easy, but also jam packed with healthy goodness.
Please enjoy as much as we did!
Citrus and Watercress Salad
Chef Maili Brocke
- 1 medium turnip (radishes can be substituted), peeled and sliced
- 1 large ruby red grapefruit, sliced
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 1 avocado, cut in small chunks
- 2 bunches Watercress (baby spinach can be substituted)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ lemon
- Optional: add Maldon salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- You can plate it (like Maili did because she was in the mood to make it pretty) or if you’re like me, you can just chop everything and toss it together in a bowl. Add the avocado after the other main ingredients. Then squeeze the lemon over everything and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve and Enjoy!