Today, I’m super excited to share this Corn Tomato and Bean Salad because it is pretty much the absolute perfect summer salad, brimming with flavor, color and, of course, nutrition.
The secret to this recipe is putting a little salt and oil on the tomatoes before you add them to the salad. Chef Maili suggests that you always buy the very best green beans that you can. Taste them in the store!
Also corn loses its sweetness each day it is off the stalk. So, buy the freshest corn you can. Both White or yellow corn work well in this recipe.
Oh and Maili adds bacon to this recipe but I prefer it Vegan of course.
This is a great recipe to make in the morning and take to a potluck. Please enjoy!
Corn Tomato and Bean Salad
Chef Maili Brocke
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (called grape not because of the color, but because they are oval shaped like a grape)
- ½ teaspoon salt for the tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of EVOO
- ½ pound green beans
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt to sprinkle on corn as it cooks
- Cut tomatoes in ½ and then add a ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Let it marinade while you do everything else.
- Cut ends of beans off and then cut them into thirds. Cook green beans in boiling, salted water for 6 minutes and then rinse in cold water
- Shuck the corn and then cut it off the cob.
- Sautee corn kernels in 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil on medium high heat for 4 minutes, tossing regularly.
- Let corn cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes and green beans.
- Serve and Enjoy!
For more great recipes, check out Maili’s blog: The Maili Files
Thank you, as always to Blue Caleel for taking these photos (while I EAT!)!