Last night, I went to a dinner party and managed to pretty much gorge myself on appetizers. Specifically, Artichoke Spread from my adorable and talented friend, Chef Maili. Yumma. Yumma. Yumma. When I found out how healthy it is, well, then, I was enticed to have one more. And another. It was one of those kind of nights. I’m just sayin’….
So, if you want to have your guests drooling and swooning, I highly recommend this recipe. Another option for this yummyness would be to make a sandwich out of it, which would be perfect for a plane trip or picnic. The options are quite limitless (Silver Lining).
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 cans of artichoke hearts (in water not in oil…makes a big difference in taste and calories!), drained
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan flakes
- Bread option: Whole wheat semolina that is thin from farmer’s market is yummy. A light rye toast would be good too. Then, there are always gluten free options.
- Puree all ingredients in a Cuisinart. That’s IT.
- Put the spread on the bread and then toast it at 425 degrees for about 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan if desired.