My all-time favorite salad recipe is found in Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook. It’s easy breezy and so delicious (double Silver Lining!).
Arugula with Goat Cheese
- 1/2 pound fresh arugula (3 large bunches)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4-pound chunk very good Goat Cheese (Ina recommends aged Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese).
- If the arugula has roots attached, cut them off. Fill the sink with cold water and toss the arugula for a few minutes to clean. Spin-dry the leaves and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour enough dressing on the arugula to moisten. Toss well and place the salad on individual plates.
- Arrange chunks of goat cheese on the arugula.
As I type this, I am munching on my #1 anti-nausea food: Newman’s Own Protein Pretzels. You won’t believe how good these are. Seriously. I tried other pretzel brands for nausea and nada. Finding these pretzels was the biggest Silver Lining imaginable!
We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink.