Recently, I had the Silver Lined fortune to meet a culinary nutritionist and wellness coach by the name of Melissa Costello. She is super-fab. Melissa teaches private cooking lessons and works with people one-on-one and in groups to help them learn how to embrace a healthy lifestyle through plant-based eating…my kinda’ gal!
I especially love the fact that she brings 3 month wellness programs into corporations to lower absenteeism and insurance costs. How great is that?!?
Melissa generously agreed to share this delish recipe with The Silver Pen. I found myself inhaling this…just sayin’…
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1-1/2 c. almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. pitted dates
- 2 tbs chia seeds soaked in 4 tbs water for 10 minutes until gelatinous*
- 3 tbs raw cashew butter
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients in high power blender and blend until thick and creamy. Pour into bowls and refrigerate to firm up for 2 hours.
- Serve with fresh berries.
* Chia seed brand recommendations: