Recently a friend forwarded this recipe to me knowing how much I do love a good gluten-free, vegan snack. Yes, I promise: delicious, gluten-free AND vegan CAN indeed be used in the same sentence. Trust me, after you eat these bars, you’ll understand why!
And of course, it’s easy peasy. Because you know that’s how I roll!
Betsy Markle of the Sunshine Wellness Institute was kind enough to allow me to share these with you. Thank you, Betsy!
Hope you enjoy this Silver Lined treat.
Chewy Toasted Pecan Bar
Chewy Toasted Pecan Bar Ingredients – Makes approximately 15 bars (2×2 inch bars):
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup agave
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- ½ cup rolled oats, ground (use gluten free oats if have celiac disease)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups pecan pieces, toasted
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and prepare with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Combine both together and spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting.