Last week, I was on the road (again), flying from Santa Barbara to Chicago. Because of all of the horrible weather in the Midwest, there was delay upon delay upon delay leaving Los Angeles. The Silver Lining was that I met the most lovely couple who were on the same flight. We struck up a conversation and then – then! – they brought out a bag of these homemade Ina Garten Rosemary Roasted Cashews and kindly offered some to me. Good gracious, was I ever THANKFUL for not only the delay but also the size of the bag of nuts (because I overstayed my welcome in the bag, I’m afraid!).
The lovely couple told me where I could find the recipe and accurately predicted that I would indeed make a batch (or 2!). Here is the recipe. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I am!
This recipe is almost directly from the Bar Nuts at Union Square Cafe in New York City and its wonderful cookbook of the same name.
Ina Garten’s Rosemary Roasted Cashews
- 1 1/4 pounds cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (I use the Earth Balance vegan brand)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until they are warmed through. Meanwhile, combine the rosemary, pepper, sugar, salt and butter in a large bowl. Toss the warm nuts with the rosemary mixture until the nuts are completely coated. Serve warm.
Suddenly Seven loves them!