Today’s recipe is an old family delicacy, conceived of by my dear Aunt Maggie. It took me years and years to try it because, quite frankly, I don’t like pineapples. At all. I still don’t, in fact…except in this recipe.
Now, let me be honest. This recipe is NOT healthy, NOT vegan, NOT organic. To be fair, growing up in the 70’s in Indiana, we didn’t know what vegan and organic even were. I’m just sayin’…
What this dish IS is DELICIOUS (Silver Lining)! More like outstanding. Amazing. I’m a big fan of special treats on holidays. And this is a Very. Special. Treat.
From my home to yours, enjoy!
Maggie’s Escalloped Pineapple
- 3/4 C. butter
- 2 C. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 20 oz. can of cubed pineapple (juice and all)
- 4 cups of bread cubes (use French bread with crust)
- Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add: ½ C. milk and 20 oz. can of cubed pineapple (juice and all)
- Then add bread cubes (use French bread with crust)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes, uncovered
- Enjoy every bite!
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.