My favorite restaurant in Santa Barbara (in Montecito, actually) is Mollie’s. Our daughter a/k/a Finally Five and I love to go there for “Mommy-Daughter Silver Lining Dinners”.
I have blogged about her before, so you may remember that Mollie is the greatest, most wonderful chef and even better, the kindest person you’d ever want to know. She and Finally Five have the most amazing relationship. Kindred spirits.
She has kindly allowed me to share one of our favorite things on the menu (Silver Lining). And yes, it as easy breezy as everything else I post (or dare to make!).
You can put pesto on top of fish, mix with pasta or spread on a sandwich. It’s so yummy!
- 3 oz basil (a large fistful)
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 oz of olive oil. My new favorite is Jordan’s Olive Oil made with love in Santa Barbara.
- 1 oz parsley
- 3 oz parmesan
- 3 oz pecorino cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Boil basil for 15 seconds and then put it in a bowl of ice to shock it. This help it keep its flavor and color.
- Mix everything else in a Cuisinart.
- Yes, it’s that easy. There are NO other instructions…other to enjoy!
Uno non può pensare bene, amare bene, dormire bene, se non ha mangiato bene.
– Virginia Woolf