One of my favorite blogs is With Style & Grace written by Lisa Thiele. She is a Gluten-free entertainer who inspires a new way of healthy living with easy and delicious gluten-free recipes. Well, let me tell you, when I read her blog and especially her recipes, I am super inspired (Silver Lining).
When I came across these yumma-looking muffins, I had to try them. Lo and behold they are indeed as good as they look! Seriously delish…and easy peasy, of course. Hope that you enjoy them as much as we do!
Photo by With Style and Grace
Paleo Banana Bread Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 chopped walnuts, plus
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place muffins cups in muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together almond flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, vanilla and olive oil – mix well.
- With you hands, make a slight well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Add in chopped walnuts. Stir until combined.
- Fill the baking cups about 3/4 full. Sprinkle a few chopped walnuts over each cup. Bake muffins for 21-23 minutes or insert a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean, it’s time to remove.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!