In this week’s issue of Gwenyth Paltrow’s blog Goop, I came across the MOST delish cauliflower recipe. Yum-Yum-Yum!
It took me a long time to like cauliflower, but when I fell for it, I fell hard! If prepared correctly it is really tasty. As GP says on Goop, “When cauliflower is roasted at a high temperature with such natural flavor enhancers as garlic and lemon, it becomes wonderfully charred and tasty.” I couldn’t agree more!
Plus, there are lots of Silver Lined health benefits of eating Cauliflower (yes, of course I’m going to share them!):
- Better digestion
- Cancer prevention
- Lots of B Vitamins
- Heart Health
- Weight loss
Roast Cauliflower with Chili, Garlic, Capers and Lemon
Photograph from Goop
- 1 head of cauliflower, outer green leaves removed, broken into bite-sized florets
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small red chili, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- juice of 1 and a half lemons
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Blanch the cauliflower in salted boiling water for about 2-3 minutes, then drain in a colander. When it’s completely dry, add to a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- With a pestle and mortar, bash the chili, garlic and a pinch of salt until it forms a paste. Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, mix and pour over cauliflower. Pour over the juice of 1 lemon, and reserve the rest. Toss to coat every floret.
- Roast uncovered for 25-30 minutes, mixing once or twice to even out the browning.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle immediately with lemon and capers. Toss to coat.
Hope that you enjoy this recipes as much as I am!