First of all, please allow me to apologize for this recipe. The reason for the apology is simple: after making this, you will want to (and possibly WILL) consume the entire batch. In one sitting. I’m not kidding. These are the best nuts I’ve EVER had. EVER.
To rationalize a wee bit, there are lots of Silver Linings of eating walnuts. They are:
- High in omega-3 fatty acids (just 1/4 cup provides 90.8 percent of the daily value).
- Filled with good protein (a single serving has more protein than one egg).
- A rich source of minerals (manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium).
- Have some of the highest antioxidant content of all tree nuts.
- High in vitamin E.
- Excellent for the heart and circulatory system.
- Packed with B vitamins
Buzz was eyeing them…until I ate them!
Here is the website for Kathy Freston’s The Daily Lean: http://www.thedailylean.com (which happens to be one of my favorite morning emails!).