Recently I went to a cooking class where, to my utter delight, Chef Mary Anne made a (nearly all) vegan menu. Below is her roasted garlic vinaigrette recipe. The salad that I put with is is merely a dressing delivery mechanism. This is soooooooo good and soooooo easy.
Mary Anne’s Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 or 2 bulbs of garlic. I went with 1 and found it to be just great. But if you are a garlic luvah, then go for 2!
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). I am cuckoo about Lucini olive oil!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar.* I am equally cuckoo about Lucini balsamic vinegar!
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Salt. I’m a big fan of Maldon.
- Split 1 or 2 bulbs of garlic in half
- Brush with EVOO, salt and pepper and wrap in foil
- Bake at 450 ° for one hour
- Squeeze garlic into blender
- Add balsamic, water, parsley, EVOO and salt to taste.
This is especially good on chopped arugula with lightly toasted pine nuts. Like Mary Anne, I toast my pine nuts in a pan on the stove. The key is to not let the pine nuts burn (as they are apt to do). I take them off just as they are starting to brown, which usually works. Usually.
* Mary Anne said that you can add other herbs or change the vinegar to champagne or red wine.