Boy, oh boy, am I excited to share a new recipe with you. After my holiday season of pure decadence, I’m back on my all vegan train (and already feel so much better!).
My good friend and chef extraordinaire, Maili Halme, came up with the most yummy kale salad. Oh dear heavens is it ever good. I did a face plant in it…as did several girlfriends for whom I made it. Supper yummy. Super healthy. All vegan. That’s what I call a Silver Lined Win-Win-Win.
Hope you enjoy!
Maili’s Kale Salad
- 2 bunches of kale (any kind of kale works)
- 2 cups roasted and salted almonds (Trader Joe’s brand is delish)
- 1 cup raw, grated carrots
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) of Maldon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Take the stems off of kale and then slice into bite sized pieces.
- Add almonds, lemon juice, Maldon salt, red pepper flakes, and olive oil.
- That’s IT. Seriously easy peasy, right?!? I let it sit for about 30 – 45 minutes before eating. Brings the flavor out in a big, wonderful way!
For a non-vegan option, Maili likes to add 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese.