Happy Friday, everyone! Phew, what a week it’s been. My goodness, I can’t believe how quickly time has gone…time for Friday’s Fixin’s again? Well the Silver Lining is that Friday’s Fixin’s is one of my favorite weekly posts!
This week I’m excited to share another one of Chef Maili’s treats. She is so creative. I mean, if she were not so sweet and thoughtful, I might be a little-just a tad-emerald green with envy of her endless talent!
Her new recipe, Watermelon Passion, just happens to be the MOST perfect summer treat. Oh my goodness, is it ever delish. And eaaaaaaasy (Silver Lining). I’m thinking summer afternoon with a glass of lemonade…or perhaps Rosé Wine…perhaps.
- 1 watermelon, (firm is best for cutting cubes, overly ripe ones will fall apart)
- 1 bunch of mint leaves (use the smaller leaves)
- 8 to 10 ounces of Feta Cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Passion Fruit Syrup (If you happened to be blessed to live in the Santa Barbara-area, you can find it at Indo China in Goleta next to K-mart. If not, you can always google it and even order it online.)
- Cut the watermelon into 1 1/4-inch cubes.
- Scoop a small hole in the top of the melon cube using a 1/8 teaspoon measuring spoon as a tool. (Or a miniature garnishing melon baller can also be used.)
- Place 1 small mint leaf in the hole. Place a chunk of feta cheese over the mint, leaving the top of the mint leaf showing.
- Combine the passion fruit syrup and lime juice. Just before serving drizzle over the feta cheese.