Because I don’t eat meat (aside from the once or twice a year cheeseburger!), I am constantly on the lookout for sources of protein.
I’ve recently come across a recipe that is serious win-win-win. Not only is it EASY and DELISH, but it has 17.4 grams of protein and 11.3 grams of dietary fiber per cup. How great is that (Silver Lining)?
Season’s Catering White Bean Dip
by Gabrielle Moses
Ingredients & Instructions:
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- Saute over low heat until garlic is soft. 5 minutes
- Remove garlic clove and reserve olive oil for below
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini (white kidney beans), drained
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T. olive oil from above
- Puree the above together until smooth
- 1 T. toasted pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- Add to the above
This dip can be used in a myriad of ways:
- As a spread on a sandwich.
- In a veggie wrap.
- On top of a piece of fish.
- With grilled veggies.
- As a snack with veggies or with my new favorite treat, Leaf Organics chips and krisps. They are super interesting and delish. The Crackin’s corn chips have a real kick!
Leaf Organics is a company that provides a full spectrum of gourmet vegan foods incorporating mostly raw vegan, but also macrobiotic and probiotic fermented foods using natural, organic ingredients. They have a store and restaurant located in Los Angeles at 11938 W. Washington Blvd. I’m really excited to go on my next visit! In the meantime, you can buy these yummy products at your local speciality store. In Santa Barbara, they can be found at my favorite grocery store, Lazy Acres.