Today’s recipe, Sautéed Corn is quite possibly the easiest recipe in the history of The Silver Pen Friday’s Fixin’s Recipes. The Silver Lining is that it is also one of the MOST delicious!
Now that we are fully entrenched in summer, fresh corn is omnipresent at the farmer’s market. The HOTY and Suddenly Seven looooooove fresh corn. Last week, in the kitchen with Maili, we were working on another recipe when we stumbled upon this one!
Ok, I know that after reading this recipe, it sounds easy. Well, it IS. You really won’t believe how great it is. An added Silver Lining is that it is a great side at a dinner party. I don’t know about you, but I always go into a bit of a panic when I see corn cobs on my dinner plate and certainly always pass them over on a buffet. Why? Well, I am guar-AN-teed to have corn yuck in my teeth for hours – and seemingly days! – after. Not with this one!
Hope that you enjoy it!
by Chef Maili Brocke
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 4 ears of corn
- pepper to taste
- Cut the kernels off of the corn cobs (please see photo below).
- In the largest skillet you have, place on medium high heat and add the grape seed oil when the pan is hot.
- Add the corn and sauté for about four minutes, stirring or tossing the corn occasionally.
- Sprinkle with salt while cooking.
- Serve and Enjoy!
For more delicious recipes from Chef Maili, check out her blog: http://themailifiles.blogspot.com
Thank you-Thank you to Blue Caleel for taking these photos!