Today, I am obsessed with all things sweet and no, I don’t mean our daughter, Finally Five (who happens to have been very sweet today!). I’m talking about FOOD. DESSERT. SUGAR.
Sugar is so bad for me, I know. FBC looooooves sugar. In fact, sugar feeds cancer. So, why is it that I am obsessed with sugar? I can only presume that it is more FBC torture.
So, since I’m obsessed, I might as well write down one (of the many!) delicacies that I am thinking about. Brookside Cobbler is an old family recipe. It is unbelievably easy and I promise that it will be scarfed down instantaneously. It is even good for breakfast (Silver Lining)!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour (you can use gluten free!)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of fruit (strawberries or blueberries are our family favorites)
- 1 stick of butter (I use Earth Balance vegan variety).
- Stir sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, milk, and vanilla gently (but don’t over stir).
- Pour into baking dish where 1 stick of butter is melted. DON’T stir.
- Add 2 cups of fruit. DON’T stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not!