Perfect Thanksgiving Pies Pop Up
Today, I’m excited to announce the arrival – just in time for Thanksgiving – of a Perfect Pie Pop Up (oh how I do love alliteration!). This project is a collaboration between two of my favorite Elizabeth’s: Elizabeth Colling (baker extraordinaire and Martha Stewart Food Editor) and Elizabeth Messina (photographer extraordinaire).
For this Thanksgiving, Elizabeth Colling is preparing 4 different types of pies, all available for special pre-order. I’m afraid that they are not vegan or gluten free, but on one day of the year, I throw caution to the wind and eat (& enjoy!) it ALL.
Here are the details:
Pumpkin with a Homemade Graham Cracker Crust (comes in a reusable tart pan)
Southern Pecan with a Classic Pate Brisse Crust
Chocolate Ganache with a Homemade Chocolate Cookie Crust (comes in a reusable tart pan)
All pies are $43.00
(limited shipping is available – people must contact elizabeth colling for details & options)
Preorders only. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please have your orders in no later than Wednesday, November 20th.
As an extra special treat, Elizabeth has generously offered to share her Pumpkin Pie recipe with The Silver Pen, which is an oh so exciting Silver Lining!
Pumpkin Pie by Elizabeth Colling
Makes one 9-inch pie
- 6 ½ ounces graham crackers (12 crackers), finely ground
- 5 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix together graham crackers, butter, sugar and salt. Firmly press into a 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Bake until crust begins to turn light golden, about 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour filling into pre-baked pie shell and bake until edges are completely set and middle is just barely set, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
Please enjoy this beautiful collaboration between the Elizabeth’s! What incredible Silver Linings they are!