Today’s Friday’s Fixin’s is a little extra special. Don’t let the ease and simplicity of this recipe fool you — oh no! It is beyond. I’m a big fan of baked veggies, but have never baked carrots before today. Probably because when I was about 12 I was invited over to a friends house for brunch, where boiled carrots were served. My gag reflex is engaged with even the thought of that “dish.”
Oh…and I’m NOT usually a big fan of fennel, but whenever Chef Maili says, “Whatdya think of trying ______?” I always enthusiastically say “YES!” So, here we are with A-MA-ZING oven roasted baked carrots. These will be on our Thanksgiving table for SURE!
Carrots are remarkably good for us. They are:
- Rich in Beta-carotene the best source for healthy eyes. Also slows the aging of cells and lowers the risk of heart disease
- Full of Vitamin A which assists with flushing toxins from the liver and promotes healthy skin
- Helpful in lowering cholesterol because the soluble fibers found in carrots bind with bile acids.
- Antiseptic aid in the prevention of infection
- Loaded with Nutrients contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E and K, as well as fiber, manganese and potassium
- Super for teeth and gum health because they eliminate plaque from teeth, stimulate the gums, and prevent tooth decay.
- Nice, right?!?!
So, please, do yourself a favor and go make these YUMMALICIOUS carrots!
Oven Roasted Carrot by Chef Maili
- 3 bunches of carrots
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel carrots and then cut them in ½. Maili left the tops on because they are pretty.
- Combine fennel seeds, olive oil, salt and zest of orange together with carrots
- Cook for 45 minutes
- Serve & Enjoy!
Thank you to Blue Caleel for taking these photographs (while I was busy writing the recipe and eating, of course!). And thank you to dear Maili, of course, for always coming up with great ideas in (& out!) of the kitchen!