Thanks so much for all of your kind notes, good wishes, and fabulous humor. It has been an hellaciously long week, but I have great news to report:
- I’m going home from the hospital TODAY! (Silver Lining-SL for short)
- My cancer is Stage II b, caught early. (SL)
- I had one lymph node involved, which means that the cancer has metastasized, but not as much as it could have (SL). This also means that I will have to have some seriously kick ass chemotherapy (not so silver), to begin 4 weeks after healing from the surgery.
- Radiation is yet to be determined.
- The surgeons think that my wounds are healing beautifully. (SL)
For this post, because I’m so F-bomb happy to be going home, I’ll wait to tell you about the abhorent pain management during the hospitalization. Right now, I’m fully focused on the Silver Lining: going home and early diagnosis!
Lots and lots of love to you all!