Smiling is one of my favorite things to do. Smiling is universal, contagious and I find it to be utterly perfect. The world always looks beautiful to me when I smile.
Here are some of my favorite Silver Lined facts about smiling:
- Smiling boosts your immune system: Smiling really can improve your physical health, too. Your body is more relaxed when you smile, which contributes to good health and a stronger immune system.
- Forcing yourself to smile can boost your mood: Psychologists have found that even if you’re in bad mood, you can instantly lift your spirits by forcing yourself to smile.
- Smiles Relieve Stress: Your body immediately releases endorphins when you smile, even when you force it. This sudden change in mood will help you feel better and release stress.
- It’s easier to smile than to frown: Scientists have discovered that your body has to work harder and use more muscles to frown than it does to smile.
- Babies are born with the ability to smile: Babies learn a lot of behaviors and sounds from watching the people around them, but scientists believe that all babies are born with the ability, since even blind babies smile.
- Smiles are the most easily recognizable facial expression: People can recognize smiles from up to 300 feet away.
Below are some of Elizabeth Messina’s images that make me smile. In fact, Elizabeth’s blog, Kiss the Groom is my go-to place when I’m looking for a smile. I hope that they put a smile on your face as well!
This is an image of me at our annual End-of-Summer Bake-off which happens to be one of the most Silver Lined events of my year!
Sweetly Six also at the Bake-Off.
What is making you smile today?