Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
This weekend was magical. We have been blessed with some cloudy afternoons and even some rain here in Santa Barbara, which is a great Silver Lining as we are constantly under the threat of wildfires due to such dry conditions. Anyhoo, I love-love-love it when it is cloudy, cool & rainy here.
On Saturday afternoon, with neary a plan in place (a Silver Lining in and of itself!), we decided to watch a Silver Lining Movie (one tradition that we kept from my FBC days). I let Suddenly Seven choose any movie that she wanted to watch and low and behold, she chose Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I hadn’t seen it in years, perhaps even since I was her age. Good gracious, was it ever amazing. The film even has an intermission. Can you imagine?!? Classic.
Here are some of my favorite life lessons from the film:
- Fathers are a great source of hope and inspiration in the lives of their children. So often, they are willing to and do sacrifice their own ambitions for the sake of their children.
- Creativity can happen anywhere, at any place, and at anytime. All we need to do is be open to it.
- Dreamers are found everywhere. A dreamer is one who finds his way in the moonlight.
- Persevere. Whatever you do, don’t give up. When something went wrong for Potts (as it did often!), he never gave up.
- Believe in something greater than yourself and dare to make a difference. Potts believed in his inventions. When something went wrong, he didn’t give up, he went back to the drawing board.
Below is the YouTube video of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I sincerely hope that it adds a Silver Lining to your day!