Growth of Happiness
As December comes to a close (still can’t believe it), I thought I’d share some more quotes about joy. It has been so much fun to think about joy all month. Talk about a mood enhancer! When I think about this first quote – growing happiness – I feel inspired and motivated by the (active!) roll that I have in cultivating my own happiness.
Some of the ways that I – literally – grow my own happiness on a daily basis include:
- Physical health in the form of exercise (yoga especially), sleep and good nutrition.
- Gratitude journal. Each and every day, I write down a minimum of three things for which I am grateful and I take the time to really think about each and every one.
- Spend time with people I cherish because, after all, relationships are core to our sense of well-being and happiness.
- Challenge myself by learning something new. My brain always feels energized and I feel more alive when I engage in something I have never done or known.
- Smile. Literally. On days when I’m feeling down or grumpy, sometimes – especially when driving in a car – I will just smile. Boy oh boy does that ever help!
How do you grow your own happiness?