Wishing you all a peaceful, joyous, healthy (or at least recovering), and Silver Lined Thanksgiving.
This is an especially wonderful Thanksgiving for us because I am physically, emotionally and spiritually present. This time last year? Not so much. I realized this week that I didn’t even remember last year’s Thanksgiving. That’s how fuzzy I was! Thankfully, iPhoto reminded me that someone dropped food off and that our daughter (a/k/a Finally Five for new readers) and the HOTY (a/k/a Husband of the Year) and I all had dinner together…and probably went to bed at 7:00 (or maybe 6:30).
This is certainly a different year. We are celebrating with extended family, including our three grown boys, and friends. The day is beginning with a 5 mile run in the morning and a family tennis match early in the afternoon (because I plan on eating A LOT!) followed by a beautiful (and hopefully delish dinner).
Happy Thanksgiving from Finally Five!
I’m deeply grateful for so many things this year and thought I’d share just a few with you you:
- The HOTY. Numero Uno.
- Finally Five and our wonderful boys. A close Numero Duo.
- My (continually improving) health.
- Appreciation for my (continually improving) health.
- My friends. You all know who you are. I love and appreciate you all so very much!
- Playing tennis left handed (today, my coach told me that I now look like a “natural left-handed player”!!!!).
- Silver Lining movies with Finally Five.
- Morning runs along the ocean (which have become a daily ritual).
- Snuggling with our cuddle-buggle dog, Buzz.
- The Silver Pen community.
- Being able to see the subtle differences in the color of the sky.
- My inability to be ruffled by petty things.
- Scooting up a mountain while taking in spectacular views and breathing fragrant air.
- Watching the rain fall.
- Being able to find Silver Linings in ridiculous circumstances.