The HOTY, Finally Five and I have just returned from a trip Disney World. It was my first time there (yes, I’m 41). I made plenty of assumptions before going (about lines, etc., etc., etc.), but, those conjectures were cast aside the moment that I arrived.
If ever there were a place for Silver Linings, it’s Disney World! I mean, they were everywhere. As it turns out, Disney World is indeed the happiest place on earth! We had a truly magical time.
Disney World Silver Linings:
- Watching the look on Finally Five’s face when she saw fireworks for the first time.
- Being able to be with the HOTY’s parents who, in their 80s, still managed to get around and delight in their granddaughter.
- The “Cast Members” (i.e., staff) were incredibly friendly. I mean REALLY friendly!
- Lines were short (since we were able to go after the rush of the holidays).
- Perfect weather.
- Watching the look on Finally Five’s face when she met Disney characters, from Pooh to Princesses to Daffy.
- Riding the Test Track high-speed vehicle-simulation ride at Epcot with my 86 year-old father-in-law….& him asking me if I was ok!
- Being able to say “Yes!” when Finally Five asked me to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad roller coaster with her – twice. I thought so much about the fact that this time last year, I was unable to do anything other than watch movies or read books with her. To be able to go on roller coaster rides: WOWOWOW!
Breakfast of Champions!
Finally Five dancing during the parade
The biggest Silver Lining of all is Finally Five’s journal entry about the trip. The “illustration” on the left is of us on Splash Mountain.
Translation (in case you need it):
Home Sweet Home.