Best Kept Beauty Secrets
As I was having my makeup done on the book tour (and asking every makeup artist for tips of the trade to get rid of the ginormous bags under my eyes!), I was thinking about how fun it is to ask girlfriends for advice, because they always give the best advice. So, this week, I put out an APB asking for your favorite beauty secrets. What a great response. Thank you so much!!!
In the graphic above are the ones that I have tried and definitely work for me and the list below are many of the ones that you suggested.
- Grape seed & olive oil as a moisturizer
- Argon oil as a facial moisturizer
- Coconut oil as a body moisturizer
- Palmer’s Skin Therapy Oil
- Pure Source Rotorua Thermal Mud Mask
- Virgin coconut oil eye makeup remover
- Don’t use soap or cleaner to wash your face –use warm water and a makeup remover cloth instead
- If you want to use soap, use all natural and organic
- Skin rejuvenating tonic: an entire clamshell of mixed greens, some lemon juice, chia, hemp powder, flax, coconut oil, and an all-veggie green juice
- Avocado smoothie
- Wear a hat in the sun ALWAYS!
- Drink lots of water
- Get a good nights sleep
- Never sleep with makeup on
- Remove make up with coconut oil or S.W. Basics of Brooklyn
- Eye Primer under Shadows (MAC paints or Urban Decay)
- Living Luminizer and Mascara
- Less is more when it comes to make up
- Chanel eye brow pencil
- Ph balanced face wash by a local maker
- 15 minutes of UPS (unprotected sun) daily
- Touche Eclat Radiant Touch is magic!
- Eating organic food
- The key to inner beauty is confidence in yourself
I happen to believe that the best kept beauty secrets are actually not those held in a jar, administered by needle or executed by knife. Just sayin’.
The truth of the matter is that our culture so often focuses on products to improve ourselves… and I am all for those, as you well know, but one of my favorite beauty secret is one not held in a jar or administered by a needle or (heaven forbid) found by a knife. Funnily enough, the best kept beauty secrets, those that are free and available to us all, are sometimes the hardest ones to remember (at least for me!).
My favorite beauty secret is laughter. It is our secret weapon and the start of any successful beauty routine. Who doesn’t look great when laughing? Right? The Silver Lining is that laughing is engaging and infectious, for you and for everyone around you!
Yesterday, I had the best belly laugh with one of my dearest girlfriends. It was one of those tears-running-down-the-face belly laugh. It was so bonding and gave me a ton of energy. No need for espresso if you have a laughter filled day!
As many of you know, humor & laughter sustained me during FBC. It was a Silver Lining that provided the balance and perspective to make my suffering more bearable.
Any other tips that you have? Please feel free to share here!