Friday Fixin’s: Energy Chia Breakfast Pudding
My friend Melissa Costello’s new recipe book has some amazing healthy and delicious recipes! The energy chia breakfast pudding is absolutely FABULOUS. Not only does this pudding give me sustained energy all day long (which in and of itself is a humongous Silver Lining), but chia seeds themselves are highly nutritional:
- High in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese mineral, phosphorus, and protein.
- Build stong teeth and bones,
- Fight belly fat (high five!) because they are high in insulin resistance, and
- Improve the overall health of your heart.
WOWSY bowsy! The added Silver Lining is that they taste greatl!
Energy Chia Breakfast Pudding
- 1/2 cup whole chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetend almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of grade B maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamin
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or other fruit in season
- almonds or any raw nuts for topping
- Put the chia seeds in a medium-sized glass or metal bowl
- Blend the almond or coconut milk, cashews, dates, syrup (to taste), vanilla, cinnamon, and cardamom and sea salt in a high-powered blender until creamy smooth.
- Pour over the chia seeds and stir well to combine.
- Let the pudding sit for about 10 to 15 minutes, or overnight in the refrigerator, until it thickens,
- To serve, top with fresh raspberries or your choice of fruit and add the nuts and a splash of coconut milk, if you like.