I have a long list of books that I will be giving (& hoping to read myself!) this holiday season. They are a potpourri of fiction, nonfiction, autobiography, authorized biography, style and design as well as some food rules thrown in for fun.
Could I make one small request? Whenever possible, would you consider shopping at your local bookstore? A little spending goes a long way in these shops!
If you really need to shop online, would you check out AbeBooks.com? Launched in 1996, AbeBooks is an online marketplace where you can buy new, used, rare and out-of-print books, as well as inexpensive textbooks. They pull your request from independent booksellers from around the world.
I’ve shopped with them for years and have been thrilled with pricing, service and delivery.
To make your shopping easier, please find the direct links below.
- Then Again by Diane Keaton
- The Perfectly Imperfect Home by Deborah Needleman
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Food Rules by Michael Pollan
- In the City of Beasts by Erik Larson
- Blue Nights by Joan Didion
- Le Seduction by Elaine Sciolino
- Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard
- The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
- The Tiger’s Wife by Téa Obreht
- The Invention of the Past by Laura Sartori Rimini and Roberto Peregalli
Have a Silver Lined reading season!