Did you know that the publishing industry has seasons? Indeed it does. The fall is my most favorite of the book publishing seasons! Actually, come to think of it, fall is my most favorite season — period. I’m super excited about the goose-bump-worthy coffee table books that will be released in the next couple of months. You know…coffee table books as in grown up picture books. Thanks to FBC, I’m still a huge fan of picture books. Just sayin’….
I’m excited about everything from interior design to fashion to photography. And perhaps the book I’m MOST excited about is Grace Coddington’s memoir. Good heavens am I drooling with anticipation about that one. Not very Vogue worthy, I know, but it’s true!
Photograph by Youngjun Koo/I’M KOO
Here are the books that I’m most looking forward to:
- Charlotte Moss: A Sensual Life
- Cameron Silver: Decades
- Slim Aarons: La Dolce Vita
- Robin Layton: A Letter to My Dog
- Hamish Bowles and Chloe Malle’s: Vogue Weddings
- Diane Dorrans Saeks’: Anne Getty Interior Style
- Carolyne Roehm: Flowers
- Donald Albrecht and Thomas Mellins: Doris Duke’s Shangri-La: A House in Paradise
- Maria Luisa Frisa and Judith Clark: Diana Vreeland after Diana Vreeland
- Grace Coddington: Grace: A Memoir
Though they may be purchased at http://www.amazon.com: I hope that you will consider purchasing them at your local independent bookseller first.
What are you looking forward to reading this season in front of a fire while drinking hot cider and eating pumpkin pie? Cue the drool. Again.