I’ve always been a big fan of the color orange. I’m naturally drawn to its warmth and energy. It feels simultaneously enthusiastic and peaceful.
Did you know that orange is a combination of red and yellow? This means that it shares some common attributes with those colors, e.g., energy, warmth, and the sun. But orange has a bit less intensity or aggression than red, calmed by the cheerfulness of yellow. I love the balance.
Here are some other interesting tidbits about orange that I have gathered (no wonder I like it so much!):
- Orange stimulates activity, stimulates appetite, encourages socialization
- In China and Japan, orange is used to symbolize happiness and love (Silver Lining)
- Curiosity is a driving characteristic of orange, and with it comes exploration of new things
- Put some orange in your life when you want: to spice things up when you feel time is dragging, to become more involved in something, to increase creativity, relief from things becoming too serious
- The symbolic meaning of the color orange is courage
- Wearing orange during times of stress, or shock can help to balance your emotions.
- Orange can bring about the willingness to embrace new ideas with enjoyment and a sense of exploration and creative play
Tory Burch Elizabeth Street Boutique in New York
Tory Burch Spring 2012
Photo by Guy Aroch
I’m crazy about this Celine bag!
Carven shoes. Give me a bow any day and I’m happy!
Hermes. The best.
Prada Spring 2012. Definitely on my wish list!
J.Crew keeps getting better and better!
Illustration, Rene Gruau.
What a happy place to sit!
Hermes boxes. So fun for decor!
Dolce and Gabana Spring 2012
Looks pretty snuggle buggle to me!