I am a big fan of bouncing on a mini-trampoline. The big ones scare me because there is a longer distance between bounce and ground & let’s just say that I have some coordination issues!
Anyhoo, I have been bouncing (officially called rebounding) for a number of years now. I did it for the first time shortly after our daughter, now known as Sweetly Six, was born. What a huge Silver Lined addition it was to my life. After doing it for the first time, I felt so much happier.
The benefits of trampoline exercise have even been analyzed by NASA scientists. A report published by the Journal of Applied Physiology states that “for similar levels of heart rate and oxygen consumption, the magnitude of the biomechanical stimuli is greater with jumping on a trampoline than with running.” The results showed that 10 minutes of bouncing on a trampoline provides the same level of results as 33 minutes of running, leading them to claim that “rebound exercise is the most efficient, effective form of exercise yet devised by man.” How’s that for a Silver Lining?
Here are some additional Silver Linings of rebounding:
- promotes weight loss by boosting your metabolic rate
- improves digestion (which, Ahem, I REALLY need!)
- helps tone the body, especially the stomach, back and legs
- helps you relax and sleep better
- improves energy thanks to the increased flow of oxygen in your body after bouncing
- releases your endorphins, those natural feel-good chemicals that also help to reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- increase lymph flow which means that more nutrients are carried to the cell and more waste is removed
- improves circulation and respiratory function
- enhances your immune system
- lowers blood pressure and cholesterol
- builds coordination and balance
- reasonably priced
- it’s FUN!
Friends who bounce together, stay together.
I’m just sayin’…